Thursday, October 12, 2006

North versus South--I am ok.

North versus South--I am ok.
Hello everybody, wanted to let everybody know that things are going great here in "South" Korea. The North I am not so sure. It seems that things are and will be ok. I have not heard anything from the Koreans I know to be worried about. Me and some friends have discussed this some, and one thinks that North Korea is being used as China's puppet. But in the news China seems to be against most of what North Korea has been doing. If that is a real scenario then WW3 is nearby due to the Chinese/Russian alliance. I am registered with the US Embassy, so it is my understanding that if we need to be evacuated, then they are responsible for helping me get to safety. I have been told this by several people that have been here for a few years. If anybody knows otherwise, then please let me know. We have about 30,000 troops currently stationed here and many more in neighboring countries, but lets all hope there is no need for any of them. So far things seem to be completely normal in the south part of South Korea, where I am living. It seems that Japan is being the most aggressive with the restrictions on NK, so Japan may end up making the first move. My brother put as NK has nothing that we need so we don't care what they do, as long as they don't bother us or our friends. But it seems Kim Jong Il(KJI) is trying his best to get the US involved. If KJI was serious about his threats, it seems that Seoul would be destroyed in no time due to the numbers of the NK army versus the SK army. Whether or not they could do much beyond that, not too sure. Obviously their economy is terrible so their resources are not there. Now I don't claim to know anything about politics or more or less about anything other than sports, lol, but this is a quick summation of my view of things over here. Love you all. Ben

1 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, Blogger Matt said...

Don't worry about it too much my man. They can have a million man army and all the tanks they want but without food for both they aren't getting anywhere. They already have serious problems with gasoline because of sanctions and the only people in the country not starving are the few in power in the government.

KJII is just grasping at the last bits of anything he can to try to stay in power. Perhaps he will come into SK, but I expect that when his supply lines get stretched he'll be in real trouble.

Doesn't make you feel any better if you are living there then though.

As far as the embassy, remember the news about what it was like when Israel invaded Lebanon? The government couldn't handle it. I would make sure to have a backup plan, just in case.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home