Thursday, July 06, 2006

one month

Hello all, it has been a little over a month since I started here in Korea. So far it has been a good decision. Lots of new experiences, obviously. I don't care much for the true Korean foods but I have found enough to eat. I did actually try of lot of different foods, just was not able to eat them much. Some of these"vegetables" I have never even heard of, and who would have ever thought of putting some of this stuff in their mouth. I did eat part of an octopus. I almost lost it right back too. No more of that. I know I just can't do seafood. On the baseball field, we clinched second place and a spot in the postseason. I became the first foreign pitcher to get a win. I pitched 2 innings in relief before having to leave with a slight hamstring pull. Struck out 5 while I was in there. I got my first great hit also. Hit a laser off the CF wall. It never got above 20-25 feet the whole time. It felt really good. Hopefully it is the corner turning hit that will get me going. Hey Pettigrew, isn't the Fall season approaching? ahhahahaha. Fall Monsters of Korea. Don't think Nabo hasn't brought that up many times for each of us. My camera has been fixed, but I forgot to put the battery pack in before we left for the game, then I forgot to get it out of Myung Won's(one of our pitchers) car, so he has it now. Will get it back this weekend I hope. Hope all is going well with everybody.

viperinkorea

2 Comments:

At 7:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!!

Don't give up on all seafood yet. Try the more common like fish, shrimp,crab or lobster. The more uncommon is already ingrained into your brain cause we do not eat them here.

 
At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's nice hearing about your adventures. Keep trying new things and telling us about them. Ahh, are you still in school and what age group? What are the school hours? We got some much needed rain last night. Just came in from the garden and found many tomato worms on the plants....sent Jenny out to spray for them. They are so gross!! Do you see firefly over there? Take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home