Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Welcome to school children

June 22
I haven't written on here in over a week so I figure I had better post something. It is freakin hard to come up with things to write about. When I am out doing things, I see things and think of things to write about, but then I forget all of those ideas it seems. I am NOT going to carry around a notebook and jot down ideas. Thats just ridiculous. The school that I am working at is apparently one of the best schools in Masan for foreign teachers. I always hear stories from other teachers about what happens at their schools, but so far, there isn't much to complain about. I just do my job and keep the kids happy and educated. That seems to be the main objective. Not so much to keep the kids happy, but keep the parents happy. I am told that they kind of run the schools in Korea. Thats just the way it is. Oh well, just keep plugging away I guess with the kids. The kindergarten kids are all super. They are I think ages 3 -6. I am not for sure though. I do know that when I got to Korea, I turned 28. I am not sure how it works, but they consider you to be 1-11/2 years older, not sure how it really works. So basically the 6 year olds are really 5 year old and so on. We were/are supposed to have a field trip tommorrow so that should be fun. It is supposed to rain, so I don't know if we will actually have the field trip. I have pics of the kids, but alas, I am having camera difficulties. The LCD screen is cracked, so I have to get my school director to take it either back to Wal-Mart or have it fixed at Samsung after service(or something like that). I am being told it should be fixed free of charge. I have only had it 2 weeks, and I haven't a clue how it broke. I took it out Sunday to take a picture of the baseball stadium, and saw it was cracked. We won our game about 15-2. I finished 2-4 with two doubles. I also stole 3rd base. Even though I had 2 hits, I was not at all happy with the way I swung the bat. It just doesn't feel right. It is kind of funny that the guys on the team tell me I am fat, yet I am the only one stealing bases. hmmmm, go figure. Nathan put it best: you may have a bit of a gut, but look at the muscle you have. They have zero muscle on them. That seems like a good enough trade.
I may have to steal that from Nathan the next time they start cracking on me. Planning on doing some hiking in the next few weeks, so maybe I will have some mountain top pics soon.
"Stay classy America"
viperinkorea

2 Comments:

At 5:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the camera. Do you have a bag to keep it in, maybe a little safer and less banging around in a larger bag.

I think the day you were born you are considered 1 year old instead of days, weeks or months.
What are you teaching or talking to the kids about to learn English?
Glad you have the baseball to help fill in the time and get out.
How are you getting around? and to the stores when you need to.

Love ya

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Hey! You're not fat, you're just big boned.

At least that's what I tell people about myself...

Matt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home