Sunday, April 06, 2008

Kidney Beans

Well, I know I have mentioned previously to some people in email about how I wanted to learn how to cook with beans. We can get canned kidney beans for a fairly good price, so today I finally used up 4 cans of them. Started out not quite sure what was happening, and then just added various things. 2 cans of corn, a can of chopped tomatoes, a lot of water(1/3 of the pot), salt, pepper, dried onion, and some chicken boullion packets. It has turned out pretty good. I am quite surprised. I told Debbie this probably won't be very good cuz I am just throwing things in there, but as long as we can get 2 meals out of this, I will be happy. Well, I think it will provide us with several meals and it tastes pretty darn good.

1 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This sounds NASTY!!!!!! You couldn't pay me to eat that. Ha ha!
Love,
Your non-bean eating sis-in-law. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home