Friday, March 07, 2008

Oh happy kitchen, Oh happy day

Ok, so we don't REALLY have a kitchen, but the area that serves as our kitchen just had a happy day. We got a slow cooker and a toaster oven from our school today. Finally! Now can anybody give me recommendations on using a rotisserie? It is inside our toaster oven. I think I might try some hunks of beef on it first. Not sure if that is the best idea, but guess I will see as I go along. MMM-mmm. I hope. :) 6.5 quart slow cooker as well. Quite large. Now which part is best to use in that to make a roast? I think it is rump roast, is that right mom? Unfortunately, not sure where that is on the cow, other than the butt area. Top, bottom? where?
Other big news, well to m anyways, is my exercising. I have lost 5% body fat since I first joined my gym here on Jan8. I have moved my belt 2 notches. Woo-Hoo!!! Now I only have 6% more to go before May, and beach time. My goal is set at 10% body fat, so have to really work hard and continue to watch what I eat. Anybody have any ideas on adding flavor to steamed veggies? Debbie is okay with them, but I am getting REALLY tired of eating drab, plain tasting veggies, but as stated above, I need to avoid buttering them up or cooking them in a pan with EVOO. Spring is here also. supposed to be up into the 60s next week. Another big Woo-Hoo!!
Hope everyone is doing good. Bye

2 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Any roast will work fine in the slow cooker. Arm, rump, top, bottom. You can do pork and chicken too. Round steak is good in there. Nice and slow.

Add all the spices you want to your veggies. They don't have any calories. Soy sauce is low in calories. I would suggest that you could probably stand a little fat if it helped you eat more veggies.

 
At 6:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the above.
Did your appliances not come with a recipe booklet. I will take a look at mine see what it suggests on times and stuff. Experiment with like you said hunks of beef just might want to marinade them a little or try some shish ke bobs, that would be different and not take long.

The security code is missing.

Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home