Sunday, January 06, 2008

Baseball in Gwangju

Hello, today was a gorgeous day so Debbie and I walked around the neighborhood mainly looking for a gym to work out in. No luck, so we headed towards our school because we knew there was one nearby. We walked past our school and there were Koreans inside the baseball building practice. Lucky ME!!!! I communicated with them that I was a teacher at the school and one guy said he was the coach of the school's baseball team. Then I asked if I could play on their men's league team. He said "test, next Sunday." Which I guess means tryout to see if I am good enough. I played catch with him and they were all impressed it sounded like, so chances are very good that I have found a team to play ball with. Even better is that after work, I can jump in the batting cage at our school and take some cuts. If the gym across from the school is any good, then I can head over to lift weights right after that. Home by 6pm to cook and eat dinner and then I will have free time without having to worry about going to the gym after dinner. Hopefully it will all work out. Now I just have to try to convince the school to let me help with coaching the baseball team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home